Pottery – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
Painting – Tuesday
Fabric Arts – Monday, Wednesday
Life Classes – Thursday
Run by Claire Stephens, who can be contacted on 01923 896623.
It is the only life class available in the area, and runs on Thursday nights starting at 8pm.
Please bring your own materials.
1. When do you meet? Tuesday Mornings.
2. What are the hours? 9.30- midday.
3. Do I need previous experience? No beginners are welcome.
4. Do I need to bring anything? Yes. Bring paper, brushes and whatever type of paint you wish to use.
5. Do you sell materials? Sorry, afraid we don’t.
6. Who should I contact? Come along and ask for Linda.
7. How much does it cost? £2 a session.
8. How many people are at each session? The average is around 10.
9. What do you do each week? There is no set format, but Linda will suggest ideas.
10. Is my work exhibited? There is no obligation to exhibit.
There are 2 silk painting groups – Monday and Wednesday mornings every week. New members welcome.
2. What are the hours?
Monday mornings 9.30am to 12 noon and Wednesday morning 9.30am to 12 noon.
3. Do I need any previous knowledge of silk?
No. The experienced members of the group help demonstrate the
techniques to beginners and a lot of experimenting!
4. Are there any special techniques I need to learn?
Yes. Some are very simple and you will be able to produce a beautiful
scarf or picture at your first try, but some techniques require
patience and skill.
5. Do I need to bring my own materials?
You can purchase all the materials you need from the group leader at
6. How much does each session cost?
£2 per session.
7. Who should I contact to join?
Just drop in to see if the silk painting group is for you. If the
group leader has space for you, you can start straight away.
8. Do I need to bring anything with me?
Silk dyes will stain your clothes and anything else they touch so be
9. Can I park nearby?
The Chorleywood Common free car park is across the road.
10. Is there nearby public transport?
The bus stop for the 336 bus is outside the Arts Centre on Common