Pottery – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
Painting – Tuesday
Fabric Arts – Monday, Wednesday
Life Classes – Thursday
Life Classes – Thursday nights 7.50pm
Run by Claire Stephens (Ph 01923 896623) Please see our Facebook page for examples of work and for more details – search for ‘Life Drawing Class at Chorleywood Community Arts Centre’
Autumn: 10/10/19 – 12/12/19
Spring: 16/01/20 – 19/03/20
Summer: 07/05/20 – 09/07/20
There is an informal atmosphere and members have a wide range of ages and abilities. Tuition if required is by mutual assistance. Beginners are very welcome, as are ‘A’ level students needing life drawing experience. There are some easels available, and there are also drawing boards which can be propped up against a table while you are seated.
Please bring whatever art materials you are intending to use and use the media of your choice.
Membership of the Arts Centre is £25 per year (or less if you join in later terms) and this allows attendance of other classes at the Centre; student membership is free.
The Life Drawing classes are £40 per 10 week term, plus £2 per session to cover heat and lighting.
Alternatively non-students, after paying the Arts Centre membership, can pay £7.50 per session all inclusive. (students £5.50 in total).
1. When do you meet? Tuesday Mornings.
2. What are the hours? 9.30- midday.
3. Do I need previous experience? No beginners are welcome.
4. Do I need to bring anything? Yes. Bring paper, brushes and whatever type of paint you wish to use.
5. Do you sell materials? Sorry, afraid we don’t.
6. Who should I contact? Come along and ask for Linda.
7. How much does it cost? £2 a session.
8. How many people are at each session? The average is around 10.
9. What do you do each week? There is no set format, but Linda will suggest ideas.
10. Is my work exhibited? There is no obligation to exhibit.
There are 2 silk painting groups – Monday and Wednesday mornings every week. New members welcome.
2. What are the hours?
Monday mornings 9.30am to 12 noon and Wednesday morning 9.30am to 12 noon.
3. Do I need any previous knowledge of silk?
No. The experienced members of the group help demonstrate the
techniques to beginners and a lot of experimenting!
4. Are there any special techniques I need to learn?
Yes. Some are very simple and you will be able to produce a beautiful
scarf or picture at your first try, but some techniques require
patience and skill.
5. How much does each session cost?
£2 per session.
6. Who should I contact to join?
Ring the Membership Secretary Shirley McArdle 07788526576 or email email@example.com
7. Do I need to bring anything with me?
Silk dyes will stain your clothes and anything else they touch so be
8. Can I park nearby?
The Chorleywood Common free car park is across the road.
9. Is there nearby public transport?
The bus stop for the 336 bus is outside the Arts Centre on Common